Friday, November 8, 2013

I did it!  I made my first solo drive on the left hand side of the road all by myself.  I made one mistake.  I entered a roundabout going the wrong direction.  Luckily there was not another car in sight.  Driving in South Africa is an adventure.  The roads are very, very narrow with none or very little shoulder. The roads are generally just two lanes.  If for some reason a car needs to stop...they just stop right where they are.  Right in the middle of the road.  When we were coming home from East London, we saw a pickup stopped right in the middle of the road with passengers relieving themselves for all the world to see.  No shame here.

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing! I think I would walk after our experiences in England a couple of summers ago. It was terrifying to drive on the "wrong" side of the road! Good for you! Miss you tons! Love you lots!!!

    ReplyDelete