What I have learned about Port Alfred, South Africa in five days!
(in random order)
- Driving on the left-hand side of the road is pretty cool and not as hard as I thought.
- Watching whales, dolphins, and porpoises out side our window is soothing and makes you realize all of God's creations are amazing.
- Paul Wheeler is my friend, my hero, and the best missionary companion ever.
- I miss Target. I miss Kneaders. I miss chocolate. I miss hamburger. In South Africa they call hamburger mince. It really will take some getting use to.
- All teenage girls are the same regardless of race or religion. They like music, dancing, boys, and sports.
- I did not know the true meaning of humble until I saw the Townships of South Africa.
- You can feel the spirit while teaching the gospel in a 7 X 7 building with rats running through.
- No school teacher in Clark County can complain again about class size. Our YW president has 93 students in her class.
- You haven't heard the hymns unless you have heard them sung in Africa.
- The gospel of Jesus Christ is true. It lifts people and heals them.