Sunday, January 26, 2014

Shall the Youth of Zion Falter…

Our Youth Sunday School Teacher was not able to be to church this Sunday, so I was able to fill in for her.  This is the group of kids I got to teach.  They are also my seminary students.   Each of these youth are 1st generation Mormons.  I wish I could magically transport all of you who are reading this blog to our building on a Sunday.  I get to sit on the stand during the sacrament meeting since I am now the branch organist.  There is a clock in our chapel.  It is so reverent during the sacrament that you can hear the ticking of the clock.  They are so very humble.

Most of you reading this are what they call here in South Africa, "from the factory".  Most of us are 3rd, 4th, 5th generation Mormon's.  I asked these kids today how many students were in their high school.  Some of them go to different schools.  Sonwambile (the boy in the red shirt) said there are 2000 students at his school.  Four of them are members of the church.  I read an interesting statistic on LDS.org.  In 2006, 64% of the members of the church were First Generation Mormons.  It is such an honor to rub shoulders with these modern-day Mormon Pioneers.  I would love to come back to Africa in ten years and see these very youth leading the church.  It will happen.  They truly our my heroes.  Their faith is strong.  Their hope in the Savior is bright.  They bare strong testimonies of the Book of Mormon, the Prophet Joseph Smith, and of the Savior Jesus Christ.  They ARE "True to The Faith".


1 comment:

  1. Can I wear a mickey mouse shirt to church? Better than Corona beer shirts! Jed

    ReplyDelete