Here are just a few reasons why we LOVE serving a mission.
- No one ever has to say "Smile for the camera". Serving brings pure joy and we are smiling all the time.
- You meet some of the best people you will ever know. Granted, you may have to travel a long way to meet them, but it is worth it. The association you build with other couples is precious.
4. Free Entertainment. Skits, Haka's, Musical Numbers, and poking fun at the President of the Mission and getting away with it. Oh, and did I mention laughter. Lots and lots of laughter. (The Elder in the wig is portraying President Wood)
5. You get to hang around these guys. (Some missions have Sisters. Ours is just a lot of Testosterone). You get to be dazed and amazed every day as you watch them teach, preach, minister, learn, grow, expound, develop leadership skills, and goof off a bit. You get to witness first hand the miracle of missionary work. Ahhhhh. Nothing can compare. Oh yea, and you get to do the very same as they do. It's powerful stuff!
6. And then, at the end of the day, after you have worked harder than you have ever worked in your life, you offer a benediction and you ask the Lord to help you do it all over again. We bear testimony that He does help and bless and guide and instruct. Oh yes. It's a Missionary Life for us!