Wasatch Front Mormons trip to the temple;
- Fill your tank with gas.
- Put on some church clothes.
- Drive an hour (or much less) and there you are.
- Get a babysitter if needed.
South Africa Mormons:
- Reserve the temple one year in advance.
- Reserve the housing one year in advance.
- Six months prior to temple date, give notice to those who are interested in going.
- Explain recommend process.
- Explain costs involved.
- Meet with each member who has a desire to go and determine what they feel like they can pay.
- Line up transportation as no one has a car.
- Arrange for housing and who will stay with who. Are there even enough rooms?
- Teach temple classes. (sometimes multiple times because not everyone comes). Pick everyone up since no one has a car.
- Pretend you know Family Search. Help members to enter names. Cry tears of joy as you watch these precious members experience the thrill of being forever families. (Just a note to anyone going on a couple mission. Take a Family Search course)
- Start meeting for temple recommends.
- Arrange for the mission president to come who lives three states of Texas away to sign recommends.
- Answer a gazillion questions.
- Cry a lot over generous donations from America that make it possible for 26 people to go out of a branch that has less than 80 members and whose average income is about $350.00 a month. Some families are taking four members. Impossible without help.
- Type up flyer's detailing information for patrons who have never been. Deliver them and answer more questions.
- Pull together activities for the 14 hours bus drive up…and the 14 hours bus drive back.
- Call the temple a bazillion times.
- Receive calls from the temple changing plans a bazillion times and then re-arranging schedules.
- And this is only the big stuff.
BOTTOM LINE IS IT IS ALL WORTH IT. EVERY MINUTE. WE ARE SO EXCITED. THE MEMBERS ARE GIDDY! IT'S GOING TO BE A GREAT FOUR DAYS. WE LOVE OUR MISSION. COME JOIN US!!