Monday, September 22, 2014

"And who will help me build my house?" said Brother Hola?


Brother Hola is pictured here with one of his older sons.  The home that he is building is in the background.  He is working on some windows that will be placed once the walls go up.

"And who will help me build my house?" said Brother Hola and his family?
"WE WILL" said the missionaries!  I'm telling you, this is just so much fun.  I felt like I was eight years old again, living in Mapleton and playing on the ditch banks making mud pies!  What you do is get a few wheelbarrows of dirt from the road, dump it in the middle of the house structure, poor water all over it, mix it up with a spade and Wah Lah…the mud is ready.  We sometimes put large rocks or clumps of grass in for more stability.

Elder Prisbrey and I are the mud packers.  We were told that these homes are the best for insulation.  Cool in the summer and warm in the winter.  

Ready for the window.

Elder Branch had some helpers and ensued into a little mudpie war!  

This is one of the homes that is next door to where he is living.  Eventually, Brother Hola's home will be roofed and walled with corrugated tin.  Home Sweet Home!

1 comment: