Monday, September 22, 2014

Washday Blues...

Get rid of your membership to the gym, throw away the Yoga DVD's, no more biking or walking for exercise, all you need to do is your wash.  Best muscle building exercise I've had in a while.  As I have driven through the township and watched the women do their wash I have secretly wanted to help.  I got my chance on Saturday.  While the Elder's were helping build brother Hola's house I snuck over to see what Sister Hola was up to.  It was Wash Day.  "Put me to work" I said!


 She scrubbed, and scrubbed, and scrubbed….

 I was on rinse duty and wringing out duty….you should feel my biceps and the Yoga stretches were a killer!  Oh and the kiddos playing were dissecting grasshoppers and burying them.


It's a beautiful sight and smell.  All these linens hanging in the fresh air.  Ahhhhhhhh…...

Now here is a method employed by Sibongesini, one of my seminary students.  I dare you.  I double dare you to give a bucket of water to your teenagers, a little soap, and say go for it! Would they have as big a smile on their face???

No comments:

Post a Comment