An unexpected surprise was had when Riley and Kaye were visiting. We wanted to pet Gambit the giraffe, but the park was closed for a private function. We drove to Bathurst and came across the St. John's church named after St. John the Evangelist.
The first meeting was held in 1838 after ten years of construction. Through the years it had been used as a military post for many of the 1820 Settler wars as well as a shelter for the whites seeking refuge from the Xhosa tribes.
Hanging in the church are the simple and uncompromising Stations of the Cross.